TSS

Lambretta Forum

New boy From Manchester

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

MK Monty Alistair Montgomery
Manchester, UK   GBR
Thanks letting me in. Had lambrettas in the 70's and it always seemed like a magnate to the boys in blue, as I was good a fixing the ruddy things, (I had to be as I was always broke) a mate would ask me to test his bike or adjust a carb etc. I would ride round the corner and a cop would pop out saying is that your bike. Anyway got a car and had a family etc etc. Anyway working late one night saw that you can still get all the bits and ending up buying an Italian LI 125 import, Remembered all I used to know and a load more from the internet. Some better tools than I used to have I set about a full rebuild trying to keep it Standard. It was so standard it wouldn't keep up with the traffic and others and I got fed of being left behind so went down the Casa 185cc kit route. They never left me behind again. Anyway it was so good someone decided to steal it from a padlocked garage and it was never seen again. I bought the series 1 while I was waiting for the Insurance to pay out. I dont know what its like in other country's but in the UK get an agreed valuation with the insurance company before it gets trashed. Anyway the Series 1 was found on its side under a tarp, been off the road for 6 years. New wheels,Tyres,cables, 12V and a Muggelo kit and on the road in a very tatty state before the insurance paid out. Taken a few years to get it the way I want and its still not perfect. One problem was paint, doing it a bit at a time, its rattle cans, Harley Davidson Blue and Appliance white, and never stripping it down to bare metal. I think just one more coat and it then reacts with previous layers or starts to lift a few months later. No better feeling than to get a seized up wreck running and ride it, though a bad back keeps me doing the mega long trips all over Europe as some of my mates do.Regards Monty

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 3

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links