TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

itsraininginPDX Avatar
itsraininginPDX Matthew Hamm
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Hi all. I am a returning twostrokesmoke member from Portland, Oregon - but that was like too many years ago. I've sold off all my scooters and spare parts over the past decade, all except for a 1960 VBA (150). I rebuilt the engine umm... also many years ago, and it's been sitting. I'm finally looking to get this thing back together and back on the road. This is the oldest Vespa I have owned, and is very different than the Lambretta that was my most recent old faithful steed. So I will no doubt need some advice. I'm also looking for some more scootering pals in PDX if anyone wants to hang out. ~Matthew

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
1960vespa150.jpg    25.1 KB
1960vespa150.jpg

biggraham Graham MacFarlane
Felton, CA, USA   USA
Hello everybody! Returning to scootering after a lengthy break, My last steed, back in Scotland, was a super tuned malossi T5, so, in a spirited attempt to recapture my past glory and performance, I was lucky enough to scoop up this:

http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic87680

My plan is to add a disc, rejet for sea level then have fun w Harleys smiling smiley

May ditch the indicators, going for an early p look, I have smooth panels and a bajaj front fender(also smooth sides, but with an old-school seam.

Attachments:
smooth p panels.jpg    33.2 KB
smooth p panels.jpg

bajaj fender.jpg    18.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
vespa ural tail light.jpg    51.8 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
gmvillan Gregg Miller
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
Hey Folks,

Long-time scooterist here in Arizona, via Birmingham, England, Rhode Island and New York. My current P125X (with a P200E engine) was my second state-side purchase. I recently parted ways with my 1967 Sprint before moving to AZ. In the UK I owned (in no particular order) a 50 Special, a 100 Sport, a 125 Primavera and a 150 Super. The 150 Super was my "baby" as I essentially took an empty body and forks and built it back up piece by piece. Then alas, just as it was giving me great joy and service it was stolen and crashed by some local joy-riders.
Currently I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor on my P125/200. All the usual stuff (bearings, seals, cruciform etc) AND for the first time, I'm going to try some case porting to match up with a brand new Malossi 210 kit! It's a little scary to be thinking of grinding away at the cases, but I'm hoping for some online wisdom to help me along the way.....

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
DSC_5953.jpg    68.4 KB
DSC_5953.jpg

kb6emh Avatar
kb6emh Kenneth Robertson
Jonesboro, AR, USA   USA
New to the forum. Only two people in my family but five vehicles in the driveway. Have been riding motorcycles for 48 years. No Vespa dealer for many miles so maintenance is on me. Have mechanical background in high speed packaging industry. Formerly with a large international potato chip manufacturer, but semi retired.

Bionicrocky Rocky Gregory
Portland, OR, USA   USA
Hello,
I'm Rocky from Portland, Oregon. I'm a wireless wonk by trade. I used to ride fulltime (Super, P200, Allstate, PX125) but stopped about 13 years ago when I pulled up a back injury. I spotted a VBB for sale though and the siren song of a two-stroke engine pulled me back in. My 19 year old son and I decided to go in on it, though it was being sold for a song. It's in pretty great condition, but we are doing all the maintenance and tuning, and cleaning it up. It had the oil and gas drained and was put in storage 10-15 years ago. We put a spark plug and new oil/gas in it and it kicked over in about 3 tries.

Thanks for having me!

Markieboy123 Mark Ray
Essex, Hornchurch, UK   GBR
Hi.
My name is Mark and I live in a place called Hornchurch which is in Essex UK.
Looking to purchase a vintage scooter either lambretta or vespa.
Have seen a Vespa 150s from 1960 but it has no paperwork and is not registered in the UK I believe it was from Portugal.
Not sure how difficult it is to get it registered in the UK and was hoping someone could advise.
Regards Mark

Tractordriver Kyle Smith
Wokingham, UK   GBR
Hi guys
My name is Kyle from Berkshire
I am in the middle of helping my dad get his vespa pk50 done up and back on the road.
I have joined on his behalf to get tech advice and show some pics when it's done.

Thanks
Kyle

Super150D Dean G
Newport News, VA, USA   USA
Hi; Dean here. Purchased a 1973 Vespa 150 Super last fall. Trying to whip it into shape.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1968 Vespa Primavera 125

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links