My Super Project

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

twostroketony Avatar
twostroketony Tony Martin
Mumbai, Maharashtra, India   IND
Hi guys,

So this will be my little space to post progress pics of my Vespa/Bajaj Super 150 build (sorry if it's in the wrong place)... I plan on doing most of the work myself, apart from any body work or respraying, and possibly electrical work as that isn't my forte. I'm used to working on jeeps and have modified one old Grand Cherokee V8 to be a desert monster, but sadly had to sell it when I left the UAE. I'm in Mumbai now and will be here for the next year working on this little beauty.

She's seen far better days, but I'm slowly getting her into good shape. She runs OK, but the previous owner(s) removed the choke and fuel cut off for some reason, which is probably why it takes a few kicks (maybe 10-15) to get her started as I suspect the carb must be a little flooded at first. I had to adjust the card when I bought it as it would cut out at idle no matter how long it had been running, but will be working on the choke and fuel cut off at some point soon.

So far, I've replace both wheels and tires, adjusted the gear and clutch cables, fitted a new front brake lever and cable and fitted a new accelerator handle yoke as it was completely rusted away with only about 2" sticking out of the head. I'm just waiting on some new shoes for the front brake and a new front brake yoke and cable clip. Once that stuffs in it should be safe for the road.

My first question though, is, how the hell do you remove the brake yoke from the hub? I've tried pressing it out, but it seems like it's either severely rust welded, or has been physically welded in place as it looks like it's been cut off on the outside and has no play in it whatsoever.

Some pics attached for reference. As you can see, the wheel hubs were not in any shape to be fitted back on the ol' girl!!!

Attachments:
IMG-20180131-WA0000.jpeg    35 KB
IMG-20180131-WA0000.jpeg

IMG_20180206_091843.jpg    60.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_20180214_101430.jpg    47.4 KB
IMG_20180330_085547.jpg    41.4 KB
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1978 Vespa PX 125 E

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links