TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

I think my battery is dead on my 1966 Vespa 150 Super

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

blhwml Avatar
blhwml Bill Chiaravalle
Indio, CA, USA   USA
I have a 1966 150 Super fully restored Vespa. It has been running great but has been sitting for the last couple of months and now I cannot get it started. I have changed the spark plug but it doesn’t kick over at all. I am wondering if the battery is dead. I noticed the horn or lights do not work so I am guessing the battery might be the issue. Does anyone have any thoughts and if so, do you have a charger you might recommend?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ape-owner Avatar
ape-owner Greg Wight
Brookfield, VT, USA   USA
Battery does run horn and lights but not needed to start. Are you getting spark and fuel?

Sjanuary Scott January
Clovis, CA, USA   USA
I have a couple of 1966 vespas. Neither one has a battery. Both have magneto ignition. Someone has added a battery to yours...is my guess. Does it have turn signals or an electric start. I’m sure it does not have battery ignition....so a battery would not have anything to do with it not starting. Pull plug, hook it up and ground the plug....kick the engine over and see if it has a spark.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1961 Lambretta TV 175 Series II

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links