TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

!966 Vespa Sprint Front Brake Lever Switch

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Colin W Colin Young
Waltham, Ma., USA   USA
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Vespa land. I recently purchased a 1966 Vespa Sprint. I'm wondering if the front brake lever has a brake light switch.

Thanks,
Colin
(7 miles west of Boston)

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
ck3268 Christian Kost
AE, FPO, USA   USA
Hello,
My 1966 front brake dose not active the break light, only the foot brake does. The attached wiring diagram from ScooterHelp.com will give you a technical visual.

Attachments:
VBC1_VLB1_VNL2_VNC1.pdf    12 KB

grfx Art L
Ojai, CA, USA   USA
My "65 150 sprint vlb1 does not have a brake switch for front brake just rear.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Colin W Colin Young
Waltham, Ma., USA   USA
Thank you buddy. I'm finding that out from a few people. Are the brakes in general poor for these bikes?

ck3268 Christian Kost
AE, FPO, USA   USA
Colin, The short answer is Yes. As you know this bike is old school. It will never come close to hydraulic assisted, slotted disc brakes. New shoes, spring, and a new and properly adjusted cable is a brake job. If you can get the hub nut off it is an easy job for a DIY. I have done this on the Sprint and my 1971 50 Special with Piaggio parts . Both bikes brake shoes had 2/3 of the pad gone. After the brake jobs I saw improvement and peace of mind everything was new and fresh but nothing close to modern technology, but still sufficient. You just need to get used to old school.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1969 Vespa Rally 180

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links