TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

Vespa gs 160 1964 price

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Sutes Tom Suetens
Waasmunster, Belgium   BEL
Hello,

My father recently passed away at the age of 72 . His original 1964 GS160 he bought when he became 18 is still here and we want to sell it or restore it. He's been used for about 3 years and then stored. He is completely original . Has anybody an idea how much the Vespa is worth, costs to restore and restored price?

Thanks you

Tom

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
OlympiaScooterCompany Avatar
OlympiaScooterCompany Silver Member Matthew Gatlin
Olympia, WA, USA   USA
Hey Tom,
I would post pictures to give the two stoke community a better idea of what you have since there are many different factors involved.

1. The type of GS 160 you have Mk1 or Mk2
2. The scooters condition - rusty, stored in a climate controlled setting ... etc..
3. How complete is the scooter? 100% missing parts...
4. Does the scooter run, needs a motor rebuild, etc..
5. Clean title, missing title, no paperwork, all original documentation

I have owned several over the years and the market tends to fluctuate. The value if you decide to sell it depends on what someone would pay for it. But also if you decide to restore the scooter it could run as high as $15,000 on a proper restoration using OEM sourced parts. The restoration does not take as long as sourcing the N.O.S original parts especially with a GS 160, do it right my friend.

Matthew Gatlin
Olympia Scooter Company
Cell: 503.954.4043
Email: sales@olympiascootercompany.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1965 Vespa 180 SS Super Sport

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links