TSS

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

1978 Vespa p200e -needs minor work- IL $1300 [IL, USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

zbal99 Zach Baliva
Springfield, IL, USA   USA
Vintage 1978 p200e Vespa scooter for sale. Clean title. This has been a great scooter but it needs minor work and is currently not running... but I do believe this is a quick fix for someone who knows more than me about this work.

I've owned it since 2013 and have taken good care of it. This season, it started occasionally revving high (sign of an air or fuel leak?), so I changed out most gaskets (full disclosure - parts shop sent me the wrong gasket set so I made one or two myself). While doing the job, I put in a new spark plug, plug wire, changed the oil, and bought a brand new battery. After doing these repairs it won't start. I had the flywheel and stator off to check a seal so this is maybe (likely?) a timing issue.

Looks like the previous owner put on a euro style brake light (I have the original). Timing/stator looks different to me from the manual so that may have been swapped/updated, too.

Glove box lock was drilled out at some point. Has a few other small quirks like that

I don't have the time or energy to mess with this so am selling it as is. Will be available for pickup in Chatham IL (near Springfield) after Aug 12.

I have this listed on craigslist for $1400 but am discounting it to $1300 for this group and will consider fair offers.

Comes with cowl protectors (not attached) and misc. accessories.

*note - photo with sticker on front is new. Other photos are from when I bought it.

zachbaliva@gmail.com

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
12967400_10206044605542160_5275121161135517099_o.jpg    72.7 KB
12967400_10206044605542160_5275121161135517099_o.jpg

image.jpeg    64.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image (1).jpeg    60.6 KB
image (2).jpeg    57.8 KB
63roundtail Marc H
Cincy, Ohio, USA   USA
Do you have a title ?
Can you send a pic of the tail lite ,drilled out glovebox ,engine ?
What's the Miliage ?
Thanks

zbal99 Zach Baliva
Hello! Yes, I have the clear title in hand. Other pictures you requested are below, except I forgot to take one of the engine. I will try to do that in a bit.

On Saturday, I picked this up from a nearby Motorcycle mechanic who said he didn't know enough about it to work on it. He did tell me that he did a compression test that showed compression is good. He also verified that it is getting spark. Although I can't guarantee anything, I still think it's a missing/faulty seal or gasket or perhaps my friend that attempted a repair didn't put everything on or back together correctly. My hope is that a simple carb rebuild kit would solve all issues... I just don't have the time/interest/ability to do it.

Regarding the glove box, it looks like someone lost the key and drilled it to get it open. I haven't repaired it and just use it as is. It still stays shut and opens as needed.... just looks a little rough and can't lock.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_4280.JPG    44.9 KB
IMG_4280.JPG

IMG_4281.JPG    37.5 KB
IMG_4284.JPG    33.3 KB
IMG_4285.JPG    45.3 KB
zbal99 Zach Baliva
Close up shot. Cover over flywheel is off since I've been working on it. Same for black plastic piece that covers piston head. Both pieces are fine and here ready to reattach... I'm just leaving them off for now in case I do more work on it.

Attachments:
IMG_7985.JPG    47.6 KB
IMG_7985.JPG

zbal99 Zach Baliva
One more pic.

Attachments:
IMG_7986.JPG    47.7 KB
IMG_7986.JPG

63roundtail Marc H
Cincy, Ohio, USA   USA
I tried to PM
But did not get a Responce ?
63 Roundtail

zbal99 Zach Baliva
Sorry about that - my alerts weren't set up. Sale is pending.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1986 Vespa PK 125 S

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links