TSS

Buy, Sell & Trade Forum

For Sale: 1965 Vespa SS180 (rebuilt engine/clutch/upgraded electronics) [COLORADO (CO), USA]

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

CoSS180 Andy Sherman
Centennial, COLORADO (CO), USA   USA
1965 Vespa SS180
Denver, CO

$5,000

Clean title. Originally imported from Austria by a friend, who later sold it to me. The paint is original and left un-changed. It has minor dents, scuffs, etc…, and the exterior has not been restored by choice. I want an old scooter to look old (but run like new). It is all minor and cosmetic, but with a little dent work, and a paint job, could look new if that’s what you are into.

Pretty much turns right over on the first few kicks after not running for a long time, and after a full tune from Jet 200 Performance (honing the cylinder and a new cylinder head/rings, as well as a carb clean-out), purrs like a kitten.

The clutch has been rebuilt so the shifts are as smooth as butter.

New crank shaft, kick-start gear and seals.

The only minor running issue is after it warms up (20 minutes or so of running perfectly), it has a tendency to not want to idle. According to Jet 200, it is probably an electrical issue which shouldn’t be too hard to diagnose/fix. Everything else on the scooter is in tip-top shape. I’ll leave that last repair up to the buyer. The engine, etc… is running perfectly, so all major systems are awesome. If you are interested in purchasing, I can connect you with Jet 200 so you can inquire about the electric fix.

It’s a 52 y/o bike, so you should expect issues like this pop-up from time-to-time, but it is a rare model and has a ton of work poured into it, so you will love this scooter, and all major upgrades have been made.

A couple videos I took of the scooter:

Work that has been done on it in the last 5 years:

• New wheels (only a few hundred miles on them)
• New struts
• Electronics upgrade
- Upgraded to 12v (brighter lights, easier start, better idle)
- Electronic ignition
• Full bottom-end restoration (2015)
- New crank shaft
- New kickstart gear
- New seals
- Rebuilt clutch with new cork plates
- New cylinder head (cylinders bored and fitted by Jet 200)
- Full tune by Jet 200 in early 2017

Attachments:
Picture 002.jpg    47.4 KB
Picture 002.jpg

Picture 007.jpg    34.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Picture 017.jpg    35.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1958 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links