Modern Vespa Forum

steering, glovebox & seat lock

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

2-4TheRoad Avatar
2-4TheRoad Meade Breese
Rock Hall, Maryland, USA   USA
I just bought a 1979 P125 and I have the ignition key but do not have any of the other keys. Can a locksmith rekey these or do I have to replace the whole mechanism? If so how do I go about it without making a mess of it all.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
vesperia Avatar
vesperia Peri S
Tri-cities, Washington, USA   USA
Hi there -
I had a similar issue, except I didn't have any keys. I was able to remove the steering lock and brought to a locksmith, who made a key for me. The key also fit the glove box. I don't know about the '79 P125, but it's probably not that different from the '74 super. I guess you could just get a replacement set online, but why not use the originals if you can? might be easier to remove the glove box lock than the steering lock . . . depends on how good your lock-picking skills are.

2-4TheRoad Avatar
2-4TheRoad Meade Breese
Rock Hall, Maryland, USA   USA
Thanks I will try taking it to a locksmith

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sammydeconinck Pascal Leirens
Oudenaarde / Eine, oost-vlaanderen, Belgium   BEL
hello,i little help.....
Good shops are good to find online in germany. sip-scootershop.com or scootercenter.com.There is a helpfull shop in San Diego (california).
greetz,
Pascal.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1965 Vespa VBC Super 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links