TSS

Modern Vespa Forum

Vespa 210 Malossi

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom, no porogress from this end; too many projects LOL! need to get on it though; let us know how it goes. Looking forward to trying the SIP FF tap but i need to replace the tank and rear shock so makes sense to do all at the same time thus the procrastination!

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
SS180 MOTOBALDET Tom Colville
Rockingham, west australia, Australia   AUS
Yes makes sense, I took my Malossi filter off, and it still spluttered in second, WOT, third was ok WOT, so hoping the f/f tap does it, if not will be seeing my Italian m8, who is a guru on Vespa's.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom, quick update on the SIP FF tap. Fitted it this weekend and first impressions are good. Have not had it up to WOT yet but the short trip i took felt responsive and no spluttering. Need to test fully though.

One point to mention; i did not turn the tap off the first time i took it out and pretty quickly the carb filled up and started to leak on the floor. i guess fast flow means fast flow! Anyway, turning it off solved it and no flooding so far. We'll see...did you fit yours yet?

Cheers
Phil

Not yet, my bike "pood" itself, need new g/box clutch and cylinder kit yuck, gonna cost. Mind you, it never locked up on me luckily,. Nursed her home, and its in the shop in bits, oh well the joys of scootering. Can't really complain tho, as its been on the go for 16 years. Will let you know when all is running, as the shop will fit the f/fuel tap etc.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Ouch, sorry to hear that. i had my original Malossi on for 20 years (but not used constantly); they are built to last if set up right. Good luck!

Hi Phil, Just her back from the shop all done, new pot the 2016 sport version, new g/box n clutch, so will run her in gently, btw f/flow tap also. Will let you know when run in how she goes ok. 2 tanks of juice should have her run in.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Sweet! What exhaust you running with that?

Hi m8, I have a PM pipe, from my old m8 Paul, use to race with him many years ago.

Hi m8, all good now, run in and she is a flyer too.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
thumbs up

Good to hear; enjoy!

All done now, ran her rich to run in, but now leaned her down a bit and running great and fuel consumption is far better too. And she is doing well over 130 kph on the sport version kit. What about your bike, ?.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
wow, that's fanatstic performance. i was ceratinly getting 125KPH (GPS) until i swapped the pipe for a SIP road. It has great road manners and accelerates well but is restricted to around 115kph now. Thinking of reinvesting in an expansion pipe again....what are you running?

I have a PM expansion pipe, from PM Tuning in UK,had it for years too, goes well. Same as you, I tried my modified standard pipe, went well but was a restriction on her potential, so changed back to PM.

Sammydeconinck Pascal Leirens
Oudenaarde / Eine, oost-vlaanderen, Belgium   BEL
Hi Tom,
Let me know what type of Dell'orto you have,so i can help you further.anyway,you got to play an try with other jetting.........
Greetz,
Pascal.

I have a 28 dellorto, all good now, running sweet so far, done 2000kls so far no problems too, which is good.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1964 Vespa VNB 125

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links