TSS

Modern Vespa Forum

Vespa 210 Malossi

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

SS180 MOTOBALDET Tom Colville
Rockingham, west australia, Australia   AUS
Hi all, my 210 has a 28 mm dellorto carb, all is good but when I open her up she splutters, and also does a lot of 4 stroking too, polished inlet, new plug, has a pm exhaust, racing crank, crankcase matched, etc t5 cog, any ideas please would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
any ideas anyone pls ?.

No one any ideas pls ?confused smiley

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom, not sure if this is still an issue and i am sure you have figured it out by now but just in case.....I had the same issue and it was jetting being too rich. if it splutters in mid-range as mine did, it was the needle jet that was too rich. i put a leaner needle jet in and cured it....it will need some trial and error but worth the time!

Thanks Phil, I still have the problem in WOT stage in 2nd n 3rd , I may try an x13 taper needle, but I still get a nice plug colour tho.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Well, mine was more mid-range so leaning teh needle did the trick but WOT may be fuel starvation; actually i have a similar problem too so interested if you resolve. i am thinking of a fast fuel tap ...

Yes a fast fuel tap maybe the go, S.I.P. in Germany do one, but you will also need a tool to release the tap on the Vespa, what do you have Phil.?.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom, i have a Malossi 210 (P2) , ported, 30mm Dellorto, uprated crank, T5 4th gear and BGM sports bigbox exhaust. I get to 4/5ths WOT and it sputters at around 75mph (GPS) . i know it has more so i have that SIP fast flow tap; just need to get around to fitting it! Suspect we have the same issue and i have seen other forums with similar fuel starvation problems.

Similar to mine Phil, btw which f/flow tap did you get from SIP, ?. # etc, and did you get the tool to remove the inner nut as well.?. Reason I'm asking is my auto lube was removed, was yours ?. I looked in site but got confused etc. as there are a lot of different types on there?. Thanks m8.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom, mine is a Euro non-auto lube P2 so i ordered the relevant SIP FF tap. need to order the special spanner to make the swap which you really need. i need to swap tank and rear shock at same time so waiting to do all at the same time. Engine revs all thru the range except WOT so hope this does the trick. Let's stay in touch and compare results! Cheers, Phil

Phil, thanks, and will do m8.

BTW Phil, did you need to buy a new fuel tap lever also ?.

TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
Tom from memory, the fuel tap (SIP) had a lever with it . i am sure i have forgotten something but will replace fuel pipe etc when i get around ot it.

BTW, when i had initial carb issues, i researched what other set ups were out there for Malossi 210 / 30mm carbs etc.. Mine is very typical now: Main: 138, Pilot 55, Starter 70, Atomizer AV264, Needle X7. The needle was too rich and leaning to X7 (second notch) made a huge difference to the mid range. Obviously check plug to make sure not too lean ! Cheers, Phil

Hi Phil, just about to order the f/fuel tap etc , will keep you posted as to how I go, thanks.

Hi Phil, just a wee update on the topic. I have all the bits, just need to fit them and try, been ill, so was laid up for a while. Will advise how I go. How about you, any news ?.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1966 Vespa VBC Super 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links