TSS

Lambretta Forum

Insurance Advice needed

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

westsurfer Russell Spiller
Ivybridge, Devon, UK   GBR
Hi all

Need some advice, I used to be a scooter boy 23 years ago and now at the ripe old age of 51, with children left home and heading straight into my mid life crisis I've gone a bought myself a scooter.

She is a 1960 Lambretta Broad Style LI150 and outstanding, heres the dilema, now discovered that the rules have changed, probably decades ago, but I need to pass my full bike licence before I can get on the road again, but when I tried to insure her as I don't currently have a full bike licence, they won't insure me. How do I insure the scooter against being nicked out of my locked garage?

The scooter will now be lovingly cared for over winter, or at least until I have time to take 4 days out of work to do my test, but not sure where I stand if someone did manage to take it while away, we live in a remote part of Devon ?

Also I really need a side stand, as I find it quite difficult to lift it onto the main stand without a decent shove, have Rheumatoid Arthritis so not as fit and strong as I used to be .....any recommendations, or will I need to have someone fabricate one ?

Thanks any advice gratefully appreciated

R

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dudley1972 Avatar
dudley1972 Jason C
Gillingham, Kent, UK   GBR
1962 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Maria"
1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 2 "Rallymaster"
I would have thought you could insure against fire and theft only being locked away in a garage, as for a side stand try Scootopia or BuzzSolomoto, just google these and you will get the websites easily. They sell quality aftermarket parts (italian made).
Hope this helps
Jaysn

Aitch Avatar
Aitch Howard J
Somewhere nr Banbury, Oxon, UK   GBR
1965 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Ruby Tuesday"
Have a chat with the insurers you have on the house, may be covered by contents policy, if not get it added on.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1956 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links