Vintage Vespa Forum

Gas tank trouble lol

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

ButtCheese Avatar
ButtCheese Gabe Robertson
Camas, Washington, USA   USA
New member here... I've got a 1977 p200e Vespa that we've taken the gas tank out of to clean, it's been sitting for 10+ years or so, but my husband can't seem to figure out what the bar is for that's located inside the tank, we've got a feeling that instead of bent downward so it's tip is submerged in the gas, ours is bent up towards the top of the tank.... Any help is appriciated

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
image.jpeg    46.4 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    45 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
image.jpeg    69 KB
image.jpeg    66.3 KB
2-4TheRoad Avatar
2-4TheRoad Meade Breese
Rock Hall, Maryland, USA   USA
I don't know about the bar in your tank but,,,,I have a leak in my oil tank & have to take the tanks out to find the problem. is there anything special I should know about taking the tank out? Are there any spacial tools required to unhook everything? What was the sequence you used to remove it?
Thanks for any help!
Meade

vesperia Avatar
vesperia Peri S
Tri-cities, Washington, USA   USA
Hi, BC,
I think you are referring to the vent tube.It's supposed to be pointed up. It allows air to displace the fuel smoothly as the fuel leaves the tank.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
vespa.fuel.tap.jpg    5.3 KB
vespa.fuel.tap.jpg

dudley1972 Avatar
dudley1972 Jason C
Gillingham, Kent, UK   GBR
1962 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Maria"
1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 2 "Rallymaster"
Hello,
Top tip when you are doing the tank: image.jpeg 45 KB show's petrol and separate oil sump, at the bottom of the oil sump there's the tube and nut, undo the nut and inside is a small filter, this can get clogged if you use different oils and not keep using a consistent one. Take the small filter and clean it with paraffin, petrol before putting the tank back into the scooter. This tends to get clogged up and stops the flow of oil to the crankcase, the result can cause your mottor to seize up due to lack of oil.
Jayson

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

2014 Vespa GTS 300 Super

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links