TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

jbensaab Jeff Benson
Sandia Park, New Mexico, USA   USA
Hi, I'm Jeff from New Mexico. I ended up with a 1980 P200e that I'm working on. I hope to get it going soon.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0006.jpg    55.5 KB
IMG_0006.jpg

primosonic Avatar
primosonic Bernie Garcia
Riverside, CA, USA   USA
Greetings one and all. Known to family and friends as Primo. Been riding and repairing Vespas for over 30 years.
I own a 63' VNB, 81" P200e, a 79' P200e and a 74' Rally.This Describes Me

Got any vintage Vespa questions? I'll try to help you figure them out.

Attachments:
166.JPG    46.3 KB
166.JPG

Vespadiciccio Avatar
Vespadiciccio Francesco D'Arconso
Differdange, Luxemburg, Luxembourg   LUX
Hi All,
I'm the happy owner of a VBC1T from 66' .
Even though she is originary from Vietnam...... she has all the features of a real Italian beauty :-D
Hope to get /share some usefull info with you guys

C ya

CiccioVespa

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
jeepyjb Avatar
jeepyjb Jeremy Baltzly
Massillon, Ohio, USA   USA
1966 Vespa VBC Super 150 "Audrey"
1979 Vespa PK 125 E "Anika"
2005 Vespa PX 150 "Sophia"
I have a 66 Super!!!
Bellissima!!!
Welcom

mrpuha Steve Denniss
Utrecht, utrecht, Netherlands   NLD
Hi there,

A Scooter newbie here.

I've been Bike-curious for a while now and I'm considering a restoration project of a vintage Vespa.

Steve

hockeye Stephen Davis
Horntown, OK, USA   USA
Howdy Doody, I am a rancher in SE Oklahoma USA, having two Chetaks, a Stella, a Zuma, a Lambretta, and an OLD VESPA with headlamp on the fender. I have tried to chase down the serial number, but with no results so far. Could this date to 1953 or earlier? It has a Piaggio badge and Vespa 150 on the front. I want to introduce myself, then later today I will post photos. I have had this for about 13 years, having bought it for a song from a scooter dealer going bust, and am teaching myself scooter mechanics since nobody else will touch it. I will be back soon!

hockeye

J. Obeast Avatar
J. Obeast John B.
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
My first scooter was a nearly new Bajaj Chetak in butter yellow I bought in 2003 a couple years into marriage. I rode it around the SF Bay Area with pleasure. I customized the paint job on the cowls and made it look pretty cool. It developed electrical problems and was garaged a lot in the next few years, my wife knocking it over with the car in the tight condo garage and damaging the custom pain job. A few days before moving out of Oakland, driving to the store for packing tape, I had to lay it down two blocks from home because of a jackass automobile driver, who laughed at me as he drove past. That further damaged my cowls. No incients to report in Canada, but driving it in Tennessee in 2010 I ran the crankcase dry and ruined the engine. I decided it wasn't worth $1000 to fix it and left it at the ripoff scooter shop in Nashville. They also stole my helmet.
After I came to Los Angeles in the fall of 2010 I bought a rough-looking but mechanically sound white 1979 P200E from Marc of Scooter Bellissimo. I drove it around town and over the mountains the first year but then got into a restoration project that ended up in a professional paint job and reassembly that was completed by Winter 2014, days before I was to leave for Chicagoland. I never got to ride it because the carb flooded and ran all the fuel onto the ground. The scooter was garaged some more through 2015 to the fall of 2017. I just got it back this morning from Galaxy Scooters, where Tim did the work in 2014. This bike has cost me plenty and while it's very beautiful, I have learned in the past 7 years to fear Los Angeles' lousy, rude and incompetent drivers. So I am considering selling the scooter rather than putting it into service for recreation.

jeepyjb Avatar
jeepyjb Jeremy Baltzly
Massillon, Ohio, USA   USA
1966 Vespa VBC Super 150 "Audrey"
1979 Vespa PK 125 E "Anika"
2005 Vespa PX 150 "Sophia"
Dude, don't get rid of it. I've left my fuel in the "ON" position too many times, blow the gas out of the exhaust and get riding.
I never understand why some would sell their moto, stereo, weekend car, etc unless it doesn't mean much to them in the first place.
That is how I got my awesome AR-2ax speakers though. Dude had kids, sold speakers... or so he says, because it cost me $300 to get them up to snuff in the end. But boy do I love them!!!
Join the local scoot club and start riding with people in it for the long haul. Its safer in group.
Hope to see you at the next west coast AmeriVespa!!!

J. Obeast Avatar
J. Obeast John B.
Around LA I so seldom see scooterists and I know why - the fear of LA ‘drivers’ who if they are not texting are in a rage or simply blind.
But I hear you about regrets after selling. I feel that way about guitars and amps.
The cost of riding is an issue - registration nearly $100 a year and then insurance. If a buyer appears I could have a big chunk of cash to pay large debts...
One issue I have with clubs is they nearly always meet Sunday mornings when I’m not available. It appears rare that a ride occurs like this one tomorrow through Sunday that I could join. I’ll just have to see how it goes.

J. Obeast Avatar
J. Obeast John B.
Primo,
I got a Vintage Vespa question for you.
I took my P200 out on a shakedown run and got a flat - rear innertube split. Pulling off the wheel, I fond the hub doesn't spin free over half its orbit. Should I replace it? Scooter West sells replacements for $50 and $100. What's the diff?
Also, my spare's rim studs are partiallystripped and new nuts (exterior flanged things with a keeper flange in the top of the threads) wont thread well on them. Should I toss this rim? Would seem prudent.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1959 Vespa VNB 125

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links