Vintage Vespa Forum

New Members, Please Introduce Yourself!

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

lukedeanweymark Luke Dean-Weymark
Sydney, NSW, Australia   AUS
Hi Greg,

I've have a hunt around and couldn't find a compliance plate or VIN number stamp on the scooter. In a previous life the scooter was in fact yellow. So maybe whoever painted it black, painted over these important numbers...

According to the registration papers the VIN number is V46212T20024 is it possible to identify the model from this number?

The other two unique features that I've identified is the round speedo, most that i've seen of this era so far have clam shell shaped speedo's. The other is the small label attached to the leg shield (images attached).

I'm still stumped as to what it is. Ahh the beauty of owning old machinery!!

Let me know if you've got any further thoughts.

Regards,
Luke

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_9070.jpg    29.7 KB
IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg    29.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
brosef1848 Alex B
Gilbert, Phoenix, USA   USA
Hi. I have a 74 150 Super that's in very rough shape. It was a free find out in the deserts of Arizona so I can't complain. I know it would be beautiful once restored but I do not have the time. I have had this thing for at least 5 years and have only managed to take the bars off it. All the parts are there. I would love to see this thing drive one way or another.

This is where I ask the advice of the community.

- are there any places near or in Phoenix that restore Vespas?
- what are the best places to source parts? I'm very mechanically inclined just short on free time.
- last and least wanted option if I were to sell this thing as is what should I ask? I would rather turn it into a planter than sell it.

Thanks guys. I'm new to vespas but can do all the work I just don't know the resources or have the time for this thing.

Attachments:
IMG_0990.JPG    23.5 KB
IMG_0990.JPG

IMG_0992.JPG    36.5 KB
lindyvba Brad Lindy
Gig Harbor, Washington, USA   USA
Hello All - I'm Brad. I've owned a few vespas over the years including a 84' PX200E that i restored in my dorm room and not currently a 1960's VBA that i'm starting to restore again but need to find a glove box side cowl and get some help rewiring the stator. Looking forward to getting my VBA back in working order I've missed cruising on that thing ever since my friend crashed it almost 13 years ago. I'm out in the northwest near Tacoma Washington in case anyone else is out this way and knows some places to find parts or knowledge!

- Brad

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
BrianF Avatar
BrianF Brian Frankenfield
MACUNGIE, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
evening everybody,
Just saved a '80 50 special from the scrap man. Put a new battery in it and she almost started right up. Some fresh fuel and now it starts on the first kick. WIll be asking some questions, and needing some parts. She is a little rough, but runs pretty good.

coughcool Michael DiStefano
Plaistow, NH, USA   USA
Hi Everyone ! I'm Mike
I just got me a 1965 VBB in a box....I usually work on old Puch mopeds so the vespa is a little different for me . Any suggestions on how to identify and properly wire up the ignition ? looks like it may have a CDI on it ..

Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Northfield, Minnesota, USA   USA
Hello. Butch here. I'm thinking of buying a 1966 Vespa 125. The nameplate is on the front left side and the tail light is flat on top. I can't find any online photos that match. Can anyone help?

henrymo Avatar
henrymo Enrico DIC
Modena, Italy, Italy   ITA
http://www.twostrokesmoke.com/member/henrymo

Sorry I am form Italy and may be I have not well understood your question
Here my link
http://www.twostrokesmoke.com/member/henrymo

That is my Vespa I bought in year 1963: it was the first model 125 having 4 gears

Regards

jeepyjb Avatar
jeepyjb Jeremy Baltzly
Massillon, Ohio, USA   USA
1966 Vespa VBC Super 150 "Audrey"
1979 Vespa PK 125 E "Anika"
2005 Vespa PX 150 "Sophia"
is it a craigslist ad, or local buy/sell/trade? maybe shoot me a link? i have a 1966 Super (euro model), so i've looked at all the variations.

Sjanuary Scott January
Clovis, CA, USA   USA
Hi my name is Scott: I recently purchased a 1965 super 150 VBC. Runs well and everything works. I'm pretty sure it is a Vietnam import. That being said it is in pretty good shape. I also just purchased a red 1968 sprint US model. The red scooter is mostly all original and has been in the states since new.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-08-01 04:05 PM by Sjanuary.

Attachments:
image.jpeg    72.6 KB
image.jpeg

image.jpeg    63.1 KB
image.jpeg    45.8 KB
Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Hi, I'm Butch. I'm 60 years old and just getting into scooters. I bought a new Piaggio Liberty and recently picked up a 1966 Vespa 125. I'll be restoring the 125. I'd appreciate any help with where to get parts, seals, etc. See you around!

henrymo Avatar
henrymo Enrico DIC
Then it should be very similar to my VESPA!

Regarding parts: here in Italy there are specialized shops

Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Ah, yes! I am in the US and we are kind of backward here. Scooters are not as popular here as in Europe. I will have to look online. Thank you!

henrymo Avatar
henrymo Enrico DIC
Butch

In case I am fully available to help/support you.
Quite often I have trips in USA (usually Chicago and Salt Lake City) wher I ahve a lot of friends and where I am working too
Very often I ship to those my friends "something" typical in our area (= Parmesan Cheese!!!)

Then in any case I am fully available

Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Thank you so much!

enigmas Avatar
enigmas Vince Stok
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Hi guys. I bought a nice little green 68 Vespa Sprint about 6 months ago for my wife to replace the loss of her motorbike that went up to motorbike heaven after a housefire totalled it.

Since I acquired the scooter, I've modified the AC electrics to incorporate LED indicators (and an appropriate flasher can for this setup) utilizing a small 12 volt rechargeable battery. An appropriate module has also been incorporated to provide a 'charging' DC current to maintain the battery.
As well as this I also constructed a rear rack for a luggage tub. The tub was the only item not totally destroyed on my wife's little 250 virago as it was dismounted at the time of the fire. The complete tub is readily removeable by undoing a key lock mechanism and releasing a handle.
Recently I completed some work restoring the body/monocoques of a couple of classic Vespas.

Link below.

Postie Scooter Surgery

~ Vince in Oz.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-31 10:57 PM by enigmas.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1956 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links