Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
Welcome to all New Members!

We're getting lots of new members every month, so if you've been lurking and not sure where to join, scroll down and reply below.
Tell us a little about yourself, your scooter, your builds or plans, general interests, etc.

If you want to jump right in and ask a question, please click Start New Topic above.

Thanks,
Skye Nott
Webmaster

Webmaster, Two Stroke Smoke

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Migs Miguel B
Taconic, CT, USA   USA
Howdy All,

Inherited a '64 VBB and am restoring it....slowly. Engine has been rebuilt and ready to go. Working on body work now and debating either painting it myself or have it done professionally...budget constraints apply. Also got a box of parts and body (mostly) of '63-'65? VNL1T 125.

Lastly the P200E gets me around for the time being. I'll be asking questions and looking for motivation when it's lacking for pushing forward. Thanks,
Migs

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
scootdiego Avatar
scootdiego Mark Carr
San Diego, California, USA   USA
Hello,

I currently own a 74 VSE1T. A good clean and previously restored scooter. I have done quite a few upgrades since pruchase and at this point i'm installing a Vespatronic 12volt system to replace the 6volt original Femsa setup.

Looking forward to gaining technical knowledge as well as sharing in whatever way I can.

Thanks, Mark

Migs Miguel B
Taconic, CT, USA   USA
Hi Mark,

Welcome. I joined about 8 days ago and also joined modern vespa forum and have been getting a lot of info in the Not so Modern section. MV seems to be a bit more active than TSS. Good luck with the ignition switch over.

Migs

meloman Mel Ortner
Applegate, Oregon, USA   USA
Hi, my name is Mel (meloman) and I'm new to the forum but not new to Vespas as I've had 1 Rally 200, 2 P200E's and 1 Granturismo 200. I'm an avid motorcyclist and have been riding for over 54 years and have owned 50 bikes (including the 4 vespas). I currently ride a 2010 BMW R1200GS and am waiting for the arrival of my new 2015 Ducati Scrambler. Meanwhile, I got the Vespa bug again and have found a 1978 P200E project scooter I'm considering buying to restore. I live in southern Oregon for the past 3 years and prior to that I lived in Colorado for 25 years. I look forward to obtaining and contributing information from this forum.

Opiesdad Andy Castleman
Carmel, Indiana, USA   USA
Hey All,
Just getting into this Vespa stuff because my wife wanted one. Bought her a small frame and she thinks it's so cool she had me get one of my own! Bought one from a guy who picked it up in the Netherlands. Looked great but needs a LOT of work. May have originally came from Vietnam from what I've seen and heard. Oh Well, I will make it awesome!
Opiesdad

OldmanFreeman Steve F
Centralia, Washington, USA   USA
I bought my first motorized two-wheeler 50 years ago but I recently picked up my very first Vespa. It is a 1980 P200e. I'm working on a gentle rehab of the scooter and am really looking forward to learning a bit about how these older Italian machines work. I am also looking forward to driving it this summer!

Attachments:
IMG_2452.JPG    27 KB
IMG_2452.JPG

IMG_2599.JPG    40.3 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Welcome, Steve! P200E is a classic, and parts are easy to find, so it's a great choice for your first Vespa. Plus, they aren't super rare, so you can actually ride the thing without being super paranoid...

Member Services:
Murphy00 Andrea Pardo
Palermo, Sicily, Italy   ITA
Hello to everybody, I am a 19 year old Italian student studying in Manchester. I come Palermo, in Sicily, really sunny and warm!

I have Been driving my Vespa 50 pk s since I was 14 (In italy the rules are different). I would love to ride a Vespa also here in Manchester, but I got a problem with the too expensive insurances, if you can look at my thread it would be really useful!

Attachments:
Snapshot 1 (02-04-2015 11-15).png    72.5 KB
Snapshot 1 (02-04-2015 11-15).png

bigdavoc Davo Cannon
Nuneaton, Warwickshire, UK   GBR
G'day

Just got my first VESPA (1961 VBcool smiley and will be restoring it.... just joined forum... wish me luck !!!

Davo

Attachments:
Vespa When Bourght.JPG    40.5 KB
Vespa When Bourght.JPG

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
1964 Vespa VNB 125
Looks like you've got some bodywork ahead of you Davo, but I've seen worse!

Good luck and welcome to the forum

Member Services:
Miller0378 Avatar
Miller0378 Stephen M
Worthing, Sussex, UK   GBR
Hi

Stephen from the South Coast of England

I have a 1963 Gran Lusso which I love. I started riding large bikes in my early 20's, enjoying the speed and excitement. As the kids and family have grown I was lucky enough to be introduced to scooters and fell for the GL as it's not too common.

It's good to still have 2 wheels under me and being able to ride most of the year. The bike is well looked after and sits at work with me in my studio, nice and warm. I like to keep the bike looking original, so no to the many mirrors, stickers and shiny adornments which grace the MOD end of the scene (although some do look fantastic).

Good to meet you all

Kindest

Stephen

SparkyParkes Chris P
Chicago, IL, USA   USA
1981 Vespa Primavera 125 "Silver Bullet"
Hello all,

Architect from Chicago here. I own a 1981 ET3 Primavera since 2006. Body still in great shape. 3 years ago the cruciform bust and I ended up upgrading the piston to the Malossi 132cc. Didn't complete the work until this summer! Came on here to keep learning how to maintain my smallframe and eventually get another scooter in the hopefully not too distant future.

I also own a buddy 170i from Genuine Scooter.

Respect

Vila Avatar
Vila Robert Beers
Mechanicsburg, PA, USA   USA
1933 Chevrolet Master "The 33"
1962 Triumph TR4 "The TR4"
1964 Vespa VNB 125 "The Old Vespa"
1984 BMW 633CSi "The 633"    & more
I updated my posting after learning a bit more about this Vespa during the title transfer.

I have belonged to the Triumph Experience Forum since 2009 along with many other forums for my antique cars and thought it was time to participate in a Vespa Forum since my wife has a 2013 Vespa LXV150ie and I am picking up a 1964 Vespa VNB 5T that I am buying this Monday 3 Aug 15.

The 64 VNB is a garage find that was last registered 48 years ago and has 1,7xx miles on it with the last Pennsylvania vehicle inspection in 1967. The gentleman who owned it passed away 35 years ago and his wife finally decided to sell it. It is all original except the new tires that were put on within the past month for the sale. It runs fine, but my plan is to restore it to like new condition since it has a few dings and the paint is dull from sitting in her garage all this time.

I will post some photos of both after I pick up the 64. Right now I only have a few pictures of the 2013 LXV with my wife in them and I don't like to post pictures in forums that include family members.

As far as antique cars go, I have a 1933 Chevrolet Master 5 Window Coupe, a 1962 Triumph TR4 that I just finished restoring, and an all original black with cherry colored interior 1984 BMW 633 CSi with a 5 speed manual transmission that looks like new.

Vila

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2015-08-04 07:50 AM by Vila.

henrymo Avatar
henrymo Enrico DIC
Modena, Italy, Italy   ITA
Hi my friends!
My name is Enrico and I was born and I leave in Modena (may be you know Ferrari, Maserati, etc....!)
In year 1964 I received as a gift the attached Vespa: I think one of the first unit having 125 cc displacement motors and 4 gears.
It is all ORIGINAL!
What do you think on that?

Attachments:
Vespa 125 - Anno 1964.jpg    3.7 KB
Vespa 125 - Anno 1964.jpg

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1982 Lambretta SX200

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links