AutoShrine Sponsor

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
That is a great deal if you plan on keeping your Vespa for a while (and who doesn't)?

Thanks for taking the time to write that up, I'm sure it will be helpful to anyone else in PA searching for that info.

Skye

Webmaster, Two Stroke Smoke

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
Ricebiker Avatar
Ricebiker Dave H.
San Leandro, California, USA   USA
I just started out wanting to renew the front fender. Take out the dings, dents, repaint, etc. Found out one has to remove the whole steering column to do so. WTF! Anyway, the rest of the bike looks pretty good, so I'm just doing the front end right now. How do you get the speedo apart? I'd like to clean it inside and renew the outer ring.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20160529_140749.jpg    40.9 KB
20160529_140749.jpg

Earl J - VSD1T Avatar
Earl J - VSD1T Earl J Castillo
Oakland, California, Clayton, New York, USA   USA
Hello everyone,

I recently ordered (bought) a set of Vigano Chrome Double bar Legshield Trim for my Rally 180 off of everyone parts house eBay. I haven't had the opportunity to mount them, but I did do a preliminary test fit. So far so good. I know this post isn't for Q's & A's but I do have a question in that do I remove the black rubber legshield trim as the chrome does seems to fit over it.
Moderator can message me to remove the question and creat a separate post.

Thanks,
~Earl J

1965 Shelby GT350 CA & NY
1971 Vespa Rally 180 NY
2016 Porsche 911 C4S (the 07 MBZ SL55 AMG went bye bye)
2012 Mercedes ML350 4Matic NY
2015 Mercedes B electric (all electric, no gas) CA

ButtCheese Avatar
ButtCheese Gabe Robertson
Camas, Washington, USA   USA
New member here... I've got a 1977 p200e Vespa that we've taken the gas tank out of to clean, it's been sitting for 10+ years or so, but my husband can't seem to figure out what the bar is for that's located inside the tank, we've got a feeling that instead of bent downward so it's tip is submerged in the gas, ours is bent up towards the top of the tank.... Any help is appriciated

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Ricebiker Avatar
Ricebiker Dave H.
San Leandro, California, USA   USA
That tube looks like a breather. A vent to keep a vapor lock from happening.

Attachments:
20160915_222235.jpg    34.7 KB
20160915_222235.jpg

20160915_222324.jpg    38.7 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
sfcoronet Avatar
sfcoronet Graham D.
Marin County, ca, USA   USA
I put in a LED tail and brake light. Seems MUCH brighter

Attachments:
image.jpg    39.4 KB
image.jpg

andrewgc68 Avatar
andrewgc68 Andrew C
West Wales, Wales, UK   GBR
I took mine to the bodyshop for new legshield, and both side panel replacement then a total re spray, hope to have it back by christmas fingers crossed more likely end of Jan

andrewgc68 Avatar
andrewgc68 Andrew C
In reply to # 1081 by andrewgc68 I took mine to the bodyshop for new legshield, and both side panel replacement then a total re spray, hope to have it back by christmas fingers crossed more likely end of Jan

bad news is that the work hasnt even been started yet sad smiley
Bloody annoying really why do people not just say the truth, now likely to be end of January

Skye Avatar
Skye Webmaster Skye Nott
Vancouver, BC, Canada   CAN
1964 Vespa VNB 125
1966 MG MGB "The Bomber RIP"
1983 Suzuki MC GS750E "Kate"
1986 Merkur XR4Ti "The Rally Car"    & more
What is it with bodywork men in particular? I've had this same experience so many times

For some reason the profession seems to attract people with terrible time management and estimation skills

Rant over winking smiley

Skye

In reply to # 1095 by andrewgc68 bad news is that the work hasnt even been started yet sad smiley
Bloody annoying really why do people not just say the truth, now likely to be end of January

Webmaster, Two Stroke Smoke

Member Services:
Building the best online communities for auto enthusiasts
andrewgc68 Avatar
andrewgc68 Andrew C
i know so frustrating smiling smiley

Bit of a story with my vespa, firstly i bought in haste as i had said for a year or two that i wanted one but my better half was hesitant as my brother had a bad accident on one.
then the one night she said ok i wanted one before any chance to change minds was given. I saw one for sale with full MOT and looked in good order and bought it unseen. It also has a great number plate so that helped me make up my mind.

when i had it delivered only then did i discover it was a cut down with the legshield and side panels cut back. Whilst it looked ok if you like that sort of thing i did not so i set out to buy replacement legshield and side panels . not an easy or cheap task for a 100cc i ended up getting one side panel from Italy and one from Vietnam. the legshield was an easily sought panel that comes with a new floor panel attached.

hence the need for welding new panels and then a re spray. one welder / body shop simply failed to respond and another local scooter expert simply said he didn't think it was worth doing as it would cost more than the bike was worth- this bloody annoyed me as the choice was mine and i had made the choice to do it !!!!
this bodyshop quoted a fair price and i know his work to be good so when he said back in November he could get it done by Christmas i took him up on his offer but it stood there for a month now without being touched.

stevenirvin Avatar
stevenirvin Steven I
Los Angeles, CA, USA   USA
oooh just took it out for a jaunt around the 'hood. i'm sick so i couldn't go too far but i needed a buzz. it helped!!

Fun Sensei Avatar
Fun Sensei Joe Blankenship
Indianapolis, Indiana, USA   USA
I put a new fuel line and oil line on my 2005 P125X Seri America with Vespa original lines.Added the European metal peacock lever.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1961 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links