TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

66 vespa 150 super

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dicken Ken Dickson
Nakusp, BC, Canada   CAN
hi. new member here. just started restore and ran into stumbling block number one. the font wheel is 8 in 4 bolt and the rear is 10 in 5 bolt. i know they are supposed to be the same. the frame no. is VBCIT 27110 and the engine no. is E16NL 019398. is this an aftermarket engine that fits in the frame? it seems to have some sort of electronic ignition (partially taken apart) please help, ken.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
dicken Ken Dickson
Nakusp, BC, Canada   CAN
wow. 69 of you looked at my post but not one had any thing to say. humph!!
anyways i found out that the engine is a LML replacement and it is seized up good. when i took off the head water ran out. well it's off to the dump for this piece of crap. thanks for all your help, ken.

ArizonaKid Cleve Blouch
Mesa, AZ, USA   USA
I have a 66 Vespa VBC 150 Super that I've fully restored. They originally came with 8" wheels (both the same), but mine was converted to 10" wheels prior to me buying and restoring it. In my case the frame VIN and the engine number both begin with "VBC". I don't recognize the number format of yours, so can't help you with that. Those who upgrade to solid state ignition parts also often (have to) convert the scooter to 12v, which involves a bunch of other work (battery, wiring, switches, etc, etc.). Complete 150 engines/transmissions (6 V., kick start) are available from places like ScooterWorks (in the USA) and probably others for around $1100 complete. 12V engines with electric start are also available for a few hundred dollars more. Good luck with your restoration. Another helpful web site is scooterhelp.com. The guy has restored a number of Vespas and has pictures and a lot of helpful info on his site.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1964 Vespa VBB Standard 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links