TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

Hello all

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

grfx Art L
Ojai, CA, USA   USA
Just starting restoring a 1965 VLB1T Sprint Took it apart {mostly body) about 5 years ago. Got sidetracked and rebuilt a 1972 Triumph TR6. Just finished it a couple months ago, and decided to dig into the Vespa now. Am starting on motor. Love the simplicity of a two stroke. First time working or understanding 2 stroke. I have some questions and will post them as they come up. Just wanted to say HI

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Midgnuts Avatar
Midgnuts Silver Member Dean Webb
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
Hey Art,

Coincidentally I am starting a rebuild on a 1967 Allstate Vespa Blue Badge this fall after I finished restoring a 1972 TR-6.

D.Webb

Attachments:
TR ^ done.jpg    52.1 KB
TR ^ done.jpg

grfx Art L
Ojai, CA, USA   USA
LOL My TR6 only has 2 wheels. Like yours though. Good job! Always had a dream of restoring a TR3, remember my youth riding in my uncles and almost scraping my hand on pavement with those scalloped doors. Thanks for sharing

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
IMG_0803.JPG    65.1 KB
IMG_0803.JPG

Midgnuts Avatar
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
LOL - yes
Yours is probably faster in the 1/4 mi and top end speed.
Nice cycle.
dw

RedBird64 Avatar
RedBird64 Ken Ashbrook
Severna Park, MD, USA   USA
Hi

Am wondering how far you've come on the Sears BB?
I have a '66 w/MM tail light. Spent 6 months. or so, rebuilding. Had to replace the 90% of the floor and some interior shell metal. A lot of my metal and paint was done after fabricating a rotisserie from my engine stand. I too, spent a number of years restoring an early '65 Mustang CVT and have a '67 E-type too. Working on these little guys is a pleasure for sure.
BTW, you mention it as a '67. From what I learned Sears stopped selling these in '66. The small engines were white and the 150s were only available in silver. How is it, you think it's a '67?

Good Luck

KenA
Severna Park, MD

RedBird64
1964 Allstate Vespa VNB 125
1966 Sears Blue Badge VLB1T

Attachments:
IMG_3028.JPG    53.9 KB
IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_2627.JPG    67.5 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
IMG_2964.JPG    43.1 KB
20130821_095118.jpg    51 KB
Midgnuts Avatar
Medford,, OR, USA   USA
Hi Ken,

Nice job on the scoot. Hope mine comes out as nice.
At eng. O/H I found out I have a 150. Was thrilled about that.
The title says 67 so it may well be a 66 titled in 67. ????
Also the body was white but the eng. over-hauler says it's definitely a 150 eng. I can only take his word for that. Maybe it was swapped out during it's 50 year past. ????

Have collected up most parts I need but for tires and the body is still in the body shop getting a few dings,dents and cracks in the metal repaired.
I'm not much of a body work guy. Just don't have the patience for it. Like turning wrenches much more.
All the detachable parts prepped and primed and ready for final paint and assembly.
Not looking forward to snaking new cables in and getting them hooked up properly. Have to re study the tricks I've read here again.
Any advice from those having been there?
Hoping to spent the winter on it and scoot this coming spring but also have a couple Brit. cars needing some minor attention so I'll have to divide my time I guess.
Thanks for your interest.
DW

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1958 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links