TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

Engine oil for a '66 Vespa 125

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Northfield, Minnesota, USA   USA
I just bought a 1966 Vespa 125 and I have a lot of questions! First off, what brand of two stroke engine oil is the best and how much should I use?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Sjanuary Scott January
Clovis, CA, USA   USA
Hey Butch: Like you I just bought a 1965 super 150. I have a lot of two stroke engines from weed eaters to (4) old school stand up jet skies, and now a vintage Vespa. This is certainly just my opinion but I have been using "motul 710" full synthetic two stroke oil. Never have I had a problem with any of my motors. The jet ski motors all have been modified...never had an oil issue. 50:1 ratio is what I use. It might be hard to find...where your located...I usually order on-line. Scooters west here on the west coast San Diego has the oil for sale. Search the internet. Hope this info helps. Scott

Butch31 Avatar
Butch31 Butch Armstrong
Northfield, Minnesota, USA   USA
I'll have to look up that oil, thanks.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
enigmas Avatar
enigmas Vince Stok
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia   AUS
Here's a really useful guide written specifically for the engine oil requirements of 2 stroke scooters.

http://scootercommunity.com.au/files/folders/83926/download.aspx

Sammydeconinck Pascal Leirens
Oudenaarde / Eine, oost-vlaanderen, Belgium   BEL
Hello to the other side of the world !!!
I'm living in Belgium europe and my name is pascal.For the mix or autolube,take a well known brand synthetic 2-stroke oil.For the motor,a well known brand of SAE30 oil will do what it's have to do.
Kind regards,
Pascal.

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1961 Vespa GS 150

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links