two quick questions

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

two quick questions
  This topic is about my 1980 Vespa 50 Special
BrianF Avatar
BrianF Brian Frankenfield
MACUNGIE, Pennsylvania, USA   USA
Does anybody have a picture of what this switch is supposed to be ? Scooter starts , runs and rides. Just not sure what functions I am missing.
And is this the correct fuel cut for this unit ? Cant seem to find any parts or pictures of this style unit .

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170701_215834.jpg    21.5 KB
20170701_215834.jpg

20170701_215846.jpg    18.1 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
Vila Avatar
Vila Robert Beers
Mechanicsburg, PA, USA   USA
1933 Chevrolet Master "The 33"
1962 Triumph TR4 "The TR4"
1964 Vespa VNB 125 "The Old Vespa"
1984 BMW 633CSi "The 633"    & more
I believe you are looking for Vespa part number 123152 as pictured, but you will need to get the entire serial number prefix for you scooter.

The switch panel should include headlight On/Off, High / Low beam, and horn switches. I believe the button on the bottom edge is to turn the engine off. Similar but not the same as the switch on my 1964 Vespa

The serial number prefix is normally along the left side of the scooter along the bottom edge of the chassis near the rear wheel.

You should be able to find this part by doing google search of "Vespa 123152", but use your serial number prefix to verify this is the correct part number.

The scooter S/N prefix should be a number like V5B3T3 or something similar.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-23 10:21 AM by Vila.

Attachments:
Vespa 50 light switch.jpg    31.2 KB
Vespa 50 light switch.jpg

Vila Avatar
Vila Robert Beers
Mechanicsburg, PA, USA   USA
1933 Chevrolet Master "The 33"
1962 Triumph TR4 "The TR4"
1964 Vespa VNB 125 "The Old Vespa"
1984 BMW 633CSi "The 633"    & more
Like I said in my previous posting, you can find this part by doing a Google search, but you also have a descent Vespa part dealer called "Scooter Originali" very close you by the Allentown Airport at: 924 Marcon Blvd Ste 105, Allentown PA 18109

Their phone number is 610 231 0770 and the web address is: https://scootersoriginali.com

As far as the fuel tap, I am not familiar with what the fuel tap for your specific model should look like, but I would recommend doing a Google search of both the Parts catalogue and service manual for your model Vespa. You can normally find free pdf manuals of the older Vespa's.

The Parts Catalogue should have pictures and part numbers for every part on your scooter, then you can google search those Vespa part numbers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-23 02:42 PM by Vila.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1964 Vespa V9A

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links