TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

National Cycle Fairing

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Stella2T Mike Kassel
Flint, Michigan, USA   USA
Hello, all. National Cycle made a really nice fairing/windshield for the Vespa P series back in the 1970s and 80s directly for Vespa USA. From what I could gather from the company, they made them through the late 1980s. It had a deep, squared off recess for the round headlight, the fairing extended out over the handgrips, and there was even built in turn signals on either side. The word Vespa was written at the bottom center of the windshield, which was kind of a very simple, clear, almost shield like shape that started at the top of the fairing and extended up something like 15 or so inches, maybe a bit more.

I'd love to find one of these to put on my own P-series. First saw it in the special scooter issue of Rider magazine back from 1983 or 1984. It was in an article titled "Scooter Love," by Bob Longsdorf, which helped me learn to accept myself for the scooter-loving rider that I am! A classic read for anyone who loves their Vespa (this in a special feature section about the then-new Honda Elites and Yamaha Rivas).

If anyone has any literature, info, or a used fairing in any condition that they are ready to part with, I'd be so happy to hear from you. Thanks in advance for your help!

Mike

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1979 Vespa P 200 E

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links