Vintage Vespa Forum

Main fuse blows.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Ricebiker Avatar
Ricebiker Dave H.
San Leandro, California, USA   USA
The main fuse on the positive wire blows as soon as it's connected. So, clearly grounding out somewhere. I have the Haynes manual, but it leaves a lot to be desired. First of all, it doesn't have my bikes wiring diagram. 1980 p200e, I mean it shows a p200e wiring diagram but it's not like mine. I've got an extra pink wire at the regulator that comes right off of the positive wire. New regulator. I've got, no electrical except for headlight (which runs off of generator)
Is there a better wiring diagram I can get a hold of?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170424_155105.jpg    43 KB
20170424_155105.jpg

20170424_155226.jpg    43.9 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
primosonic Avatar
primosonic Bernie Garcia
Riverside, CA, USA   USA
Ricebiker. Here's what im thinking where your fuses keep blowing out. If you had previously had your bike transported and you tied down
your steering column, chances are your short is where the wiring in the neck of the steering column is your problem. You might have to remove the steering
head and check to see if your wiring is grounding out inside. This happens when your tie downs cut the wiring and your don't even know it. Once you see
the wiring cut, just tape it up with electrical tape and put the head back on.

Ricebiker Avatar
Ricebiker Dave H.
San Leandro, California, USA   USA
Thanks for the input. I found another crumbling wire at the electronic ignition so I decided to just go with an entire harness replacement. I got one from ScooterWest in San Diego. This P200E is getting a complete redo anyway.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

2012 Vespa P 125 X

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links