TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

So who can help me with what I have?? lol

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

BIGUGLYJJ83 Jay Capone
Lindenhurst, New York, USA   USA
About 2 years ago I got this scooter, the motor is stuck but im trying ATF and Acetone mixture. But can anyone tell me more about this i figure if you got question join a forum thats where the info is, so What year you think it is? Is it worth trying to unstick the motor or buy a new one? I think the only part missing it the motor door, and what do you guys think it worth? thanks guys -Jay

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <

Attachments:
20170225_162236.jpg    32.4 KB
20170225_162236.jpg

20170225_162244.jpg    32 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
20170225_162249.jpg    25.9 KB
20170225_162307.jpg    13.1 KB
RedBird64 Avatar
RedBird64 Ken Ashbrook
Severna Park, MD, USA   USA
Ok, if the soaking is not "freeing" it, you should pull the motor and dismantle. There are engine builders experienced in these Vespa engines and perhaps one will answer. Finding a "new" one is not that easy. Finding a door is doable. Have you checked eBay? T
here are a number of vintage Vespa sites with specs for these smallies. My guess it is in the 60s.
This is a good site for info: http://www.scooterhelp.com/restorations/resto.start.html
Contact this is a guy in Indy who rebuilt my 150. He may be able to help. He may have parts too.
jonathangick@gmail.com

Good Luck

RedBird64
1964 Allstate Vespa VNB 125
1966 Sears Blue Badge VLB1T

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-17 09:57 AM by RedBird64.

BIGUGLYJJ83 Jay Capone
Lindenhurst, New York, USA   USA
Thank u red bird, I'm look to find out what year or to determine that, and what you think it's worth tuning and as is, thanks again for the link's. Jay

RedBird64 Avatar
RedBird64 Ken Ashbrook
Severna Park, MD, USA   USA
Ok did you check the "Scooterhelp" link? Within the link is a S/N search link, wherein, you add your chassis # V9A1T and the S/N "8443". It will reveal your year and model.
Based on the condition, I can see, it is worth putting your time and money into it. However, if you are "not" the "handy type", then, you may not have the budget as labor, parts and materials will exceed any value you have tied up.

RedBird64
1964 Allstate Vespa VNB 125
1966 Sears Blue Badge VLB1T

CalScoot SD P200, VBC Super, 100 Sport
San Diego, California, USA   USA
looks like a 90cc smallframe and scooterhelp.com will tell you the specifics when you run the frame and engine number. I think you need to drop the motor and split the cases. I just did that on my 100 sport and it is pretty easy. take pics as you dismantle, label and bag the pieces in some sort of order so you know what the piece is and where it goes.

The door is made of semi-unobtainium and usually fetches around $300-400 U.S. if original. I see ripples on the floorboard and otherwise I think that thing can be resurrected....

whole bike as-is...depends on what your market will bear. that looks like a euro model. in the US you might get $500-$750 in that condition.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-03-27 04:00 PM by CalScoot.

dudley1972 Avatar
dudley1972 Jason C
Gillingham, Kent, UK   GBR
1962 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Maria"
1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 2 "Rallymaster"
Hello,
This could also be a small frame 50N, have one of these myself. I have been told that diesel is good but if it's seized solid you will need to dismantle and possibly us an angle grinder on the cylinder head to get it off, you will need to replace that anyway and not really worth repairing (unless you plan to restore this to a standard level). You can buy some really good cylinder kits these days made from quality alloyed steels which work really well and better than OEM (and cheaper) parts.
Jayson

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1959 Vespa VNB 125

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links