Vintage Vespa Forum

Please Sign In or Register to Search

Help: What are my stator/flywheel options for a 125TS?

Posted by Tombot2000 
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

Tom Lakovic
Portland, USA   usa

Hi. I am stuck. I'm putting a freshly rebuilt vnl3m (s/n 100.783) into my old VBB. The motor I got has no stator or fly and my old 6v VBB one doesn't fit (wrong taper etc).

So I thought well I have to spend some more money but then again now's a great time to upgrade to electronic ignition.

I contacted the seller who had bought some lot of parts and he said he believed he had a stator and fly from my engine. He found what he thinks was on it but it is points and possibly maybe even a circlip style flywheel. However he did say this flywheel (ducati) was compatible with both points (lobe) and cdi statora if I chose to get an elec stator).

Would love to but what kind? Ts is an uncommon model. Does it use older style or straight
Up modern p style stators and flys?

He offered the pair (points sator and fly) for about $80. Great price but I want cdi not points. (can this stator be easily
Converted?)

Meanwhile another contact offers me just the stator (p125 electronic
Kind) for $110. Sounds good but then ive already spent more than the first option and I still
Need The right flywheel. Which is what for a
Ts?

And in the background I'm aware that scootrs sells complete kits for about 200. Just not sure which
Kit for a ts on their site?

So help: any info on the TS and how I can convert it to use electronic ignition?
Thanks
For any info. Illuminating, or otherwise.
Tom

. You can hide this ad & support the site by upgrading to a Gold Membership ~ click here for more info

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Check the Forum Help File (FAQ) or contact the webmaster.

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

TSS Menu

What's New

Membership

Forums ->

Vintage Vespa

Modern Vespa

Lambretta

Buy, Sell & Trade

Other Scooters

Motorsport