SIP fast flow fuel tap

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

dudley1972 Avatar
dudley1972 Jason C
Gillingham, Kent, UK   GBR
1962 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Maria"
1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 2 "Rallymaster"
Hello people, just wanted to give some feedback on this item, I recently purchased a SIP fast flow fuel tap for my large fram VBB and discovered to my dismay that the thing leaked! I normally like stuff from SIP however I thought maybe it was a one off that suffered during manufacturing..So I sent it back and SIP replaced it and after installation and a days use found that this one to leaked. I have been trawling other forums and have found that other people have had similar problems with this item and they're solution was to replace it with the tap from BGM, I don't know what this tap is like and would ask if anyone has purchased one of these and had succes with it.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Supporting Member <
TheVicar Phil Jeffrey
Katy, Texas, USA   USA
How recently did you replace the original faulty one? i think SIP have upped the quality. i bought one and its worked fine for a few months but you have to make sure you turn the fuel tap off when the scooter stands idle otherwise it keep flowing!

dudley1972 Avatar
dudley1972 Jason C
Gillingham, Kent, UK   GBR
1962 Vespa VBB Standard 150 "Maria"
1963 Lambretta Li 150 Series 2 "Rallymaster"
Helo Katy,
Sounds like you've been lucky, SIP replaced the first one I sent back 3 weeks ago and I sent the second one back last week, believe me it leaked even when the tap was in the off position. I replaced this one with an OMG tap, this tap has not leaked since I purchased it and am very happy, have tested the tap last sunday by removing the tank and turning tap on and off and no leaks around or near the usual places. I also had a word with Paul down at Atoms Scooters in Maidstone and he assured me that these taps are notorious for they're leaking and only stocks the OMG taps as they have a good reputation. Anyway I'm not saying you should replace it, I tend to stick with the philossophy of 'Don't fix it if it works' smiling bouncing smiley

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1951 Vespa S 125

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links