BBQ rear rack installation question.

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

radiocycle Avatar
radiocycle Ross Guldenbrein
Vallejo, California, USA   USA
BBQ rear rack installation question.
Hey All,

I just picked up a BBQ rear rack from 'Scooter Works' to put on my P200E. I called SW to ask for help, and they were not much.

My question is about the *order* in which the lower bracket is installed. That is, it's kind of a sandwich consisting of the chrome rack bracket, a rubber gasket (or protector, as SW called it) and the tail light bracket. Without any mods, the easiest order would be first the rubber, then the rack bracket, and then the tail light assembly. The other, and maybe better way, would be to have the chrome rack bracket placed directly on the fender, then the rubber part, and lastly the tail light assembly. If this is the proper order, then I'll need to cut, and then solder, the 3 wires to get the rubber gasket off. I can't simply pull the wires through the gasket because the 'stakeons' connectors won't fit through the hole in the gasket.

So does anyone know the 'correct' order of installation for this rack? Thanks for any reply!

radio
Vallejo, CA

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
RallyNut Avatar
RallyNut Dwight Schmidt
Lake Forest, California, USA   USA
Here are the actual instructions:

Attachments:
20150302_180532.jpg    28.7 KB
20150302_180532.jpg

20150302_180524.jpg    46.4 KB
Sign In or Register to view this photo
CalScoot SD P200, VBC Super, 100 Sport
San Diego, California, USA   USA
I know what you are talking about and I ended up cutting my wires and doing disconnect ends on them. then just unplug and plug when you are changing stuff on tail light. I have the rack bracket on first and then the gasket and then taillight bracket.

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
radiocycle Avatar
radiocycle Ross Guldenbrein
Vallejo, California, USA   USA
In reply to # 1147 by CalScoot I know what you are talking about and I ended up cutting my wires and doing disconnect ends on them. then just unplug and plug when you are changing stuff on tail light. I have the rack bracket on first and then the gasket and then taillight bracket.

Ah, excellent! I ended up slicing through the rubber 'gasket' so I wouldn't have to cut the wires: same order as you suggest. Now it looks fine but I'm considering drilling where the two outer holes on the bracket are located. through the fender, to more securely hold the bracket to the fender. But even if I don't it seems to be OK now.

Thanks for chimin' in,

radio

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

1980 Vespa ET3 3 port

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links