TSS

Vintage Vespa Forum

Vespa GS 160 paint code

AutoShrine Sponsor
AutoShrine Sponsor

modmechanic Brian B
Austin, Texas, USA   USA
So , does anyone have a usable paint code for Mk2 GS160? Max Meyer no longer around and I heard the PPG version isn't the right shade.....I also heard that Mini Pepper White was a spot on match......any ideas?

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
Vila Avatar
Vila Robert Beers
Mechanicsburg, PA, USA   USA
1933 Chevrolet Master "The 33"
1962 Triumph TR4 "The TR4"
1964 Vespa VNB 125 "The Old Vespa"
1984 BMW 633CSi "The 633"    & more
I would try the TCP Global / Auto Color Library.

When I needed a pint of the original Grigio Ametista color for my 1964 Vespa VNB, I called them and they had the original paint chip for my color and it was a perfect match. When I restored my 1962 Triumph TR4, I also ordered the paint thru them and it was a perfect match to the original paint up behind the dash board.

My scooter had been sitting in a garage for nearly 50 years, so the paint was not faded. This garage find scooter was only run for 2 or 3 years when the owner passed away and it was stored away until I bought it 2 years ago with 1761 original miles.

Auto Color Library website show the chips for most cars, but for some reason they do not have the color chips posted for Vespa scooters, but they do have them.

You can get their phone number or email address at - http://www.autocolorlibrary.com

In addition to the color they will want to know what type paint you are looking for, Acrylic Lacquer, Acrylic Enamel, or one of the newer paints. I got Acrylic Lacquer for my 64 and the color and finish were a perfect match for airbrush touch-ups after using rubbing compound and polish.

joebarthlow Avatar
joebarthlow Joe Barthlow
Eugene, Oregon, USA   USA
I used snow white from Nasson for my '64 GS series 2 rest. exact match. I'll post the paint number

. Hide banner ads & support this website by becoming a > Gold Supporting Member <
CalScoot SD P200, VBC Super, 100 Sport
San Diego, California, USA   USA
check this site...they have most of the info. http://www.vespafarben.de/

To add your reply, or post your own questions

Members Sign In   or   Create an Account

Registration is FREE and takes less than a minute!

Having trouble posting or changing forum settings?
Read the Forum Help (FAQ) or contact the webmaster

Join The Club

Sign in to ask questions, share photos, and access all website features

Your Scooters

2007 Vespa PX 125 E

Text Size

Larger Smaller
Reset Save

Sponsor Links